Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disturbia (2007) PG13 - 3½ Stars

Boy the beginning of his movie is REALLY disturbing. I enjoyed this movie sort of bringing Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window" back to life again in the 21st century. Life is always what it seems.

Kale (Shia LaBeouf) witnesses his father death in a tragic car accident. It really messes with his mind and he starts getting into a lot of trouble. So much so, he is placed under house arrest. Going stir crazy in his home, he has lots of time to stare out his window at the neighbors. Ashley (Sarah Roemer) is a new girl on the block that just moved in and sees Kale watching her. She confronts him by going to his house. The two become closer friends when Kale believes he sees another of their neighbors, Robert Turner (David Morse), kill someone and involves Ashley with his suspicions.

DreamWorks
Director: D.J. Caruso
Writers: Christopher Landon, Carl Ellsworth
Producers: Tom Pollock, Ivan Reitman, Jackie Marcus
I viewed 11/07

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched this at a friend's house and it was not a movie I was hopped up to see....HOWEVER it was very good...it had me jumping a few times and kept my interest.