Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cars (2006) G - 4 Stars

WOW I think this is the first G rated movie I have gotten to on my list so far. Just "G" good for everyone and the animation in this film is awesome. The cars reflect the backgrounds into and I remember one scene where is driving down the road in a picturesque desert background and you could see it passing in the car too. Nicely done.

Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) is trying to get to the Piston Cup Championship by race time. He's packed neatly in the back of a truck headed down Route 66 headed towards California. When he's rig falls asleep and takes the wrong turn. Missing the race, Lightning ends up in the small desert town of Radiator Springs. At first he's not so happy to be where he is, a town with no action, but Lightning soon learns after meeting Sally the 2002 Porsche (Bonnie Hunt), Doc Hudson the 1951 Hudson Hornet (Paul Newman) and Mater the Tow Truck (Larry the Cable Guy), that you can meet new friends in the darnedest places.

Awards include:
2006 - Cars - Austin Film Critics - Best Animated Feature
2006 - Cars - Broadcast Film Critics Association - Best Animated Feature

Walt Disney Pictures
Directors: John Lasseter, Joe Ranft
Writers: Dan Fogelman, Phil Lorin, Jorgen Klubien
Producer: Darla K. Anderson
I viewed 11/06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all, I just had to say that this movie is five stars in my book. my family and friends loved this movie and has good apreciation for the good old days. its a feal good movie:) Rain

Anonymous said...

I have to agree - this movie was at least a 4 1/2 in my book. My kids loved it.