Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Iris Effect (2004) R - 1½ Stars

The cover of this DVD had me intrigued to rent it. Sometimes I don't even read what the movie is about or who is in it as that does not always have baring on whether I rent it or not. I usually go for the Independent or Sundance movies. Unfortunately for me, the acting is pretty bad and this movie did not live up to my expectations. The only thing good about the movie was the scenary of St. Petersburg.

Sarah Hathaway (Anne Archer) has been searching for her son Thomas (Yuri Kolokolnikov) who ran away from home over 10 years ago after the two had an argument. When she finds a clue, an entry in an old art book, that he might be in St. Petersburg, she travels from Los Angeles to Russia in hopes of finding her missing son.

She seeks an artist that paints Iris's in all of his work. Convinced she has found her son when she sees an exhibit of paintings covered by Iris's she confronts the artist, who claims he's not her son Thomas. Dr. Hathaway has a nervous breakdown but finds comfort through the caring soul of Dr. Ivan (Gregory Hlady) who helps her find some much needed closure.

I couldn't find any photos from the movie but here is the movie poster at least it's nice to look at.

Good Film Factory
Director: Nikolai Lebedev
I viewed 2/07

No comments: