Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Incrediable Hulk (2008) PG13 - 3½ Stars

While I thought this was a good movie and the special effects awesome, I felt it took too long to get into the story line which ended up making it a long movie. I found myself taking breaks in between because it was not holding my attention well. There is one scene where Bruce is biking home one night and where the scene merges behind the other to look like it was stars in the sky or something, it really caught my eye in a bad way where I even stopped the movie to play it back a few times and voice my opinion on how I thought it looked cheap and bothered me. That was the only time I felt that way but for some reason now I think of the movie, I think of that scene thus my fairly low rating.

Undercover KGB agent, Emil Blonsky (Tim Roth) is intent on producing the next new discovery and he devotes all of his time in his laboratory experimenting no matter how many times he has failed. When the government for whom he's been working, tells him he is not allowed for any human experiments, he decides to experiment on himself. His son is born, with these antibodies passed onto him. As he looks for a cure with more wanting to experiment more on his son, he is taken away and put in prison for 20 years.

As Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) grows up, he feels different from others but is unsure of why. But when his anger is unleashed he starts to grow inside and out, exposing the hulk of himself he was made to be. He seeks a cure from the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells along with the help of his nice looking co-worker Betty Ross (Liv Tyler). But General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross (William Hurt), and his military power, are eager to capture The Hulk and use his secrets to their advantage.

When Bruce's father is released from prison and discovers that his experiment has finally worked, he tries to use the power for his own selfishness and between Thunderbolt, The Hulk and Emil, it's a fight to the finish in New York City.

Universal Pictures
Director: Louis Leterrier
Writers: Edward Norton, Zak Penn
Producers: Avi Arad, Kevin Feige, Gale Anne Hurd
I viewed 10/08

No comments: