Saturday, June 6, 2009

Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009) PG - 2 Stars

In keeping with a full selection of reviews at Zola's Movie Pics, I reluctantly grabbed Mall Cop from the shelf though every bone in my body was telling me not to. I really should have listened. Though I must say the best thing about the movie is the musical score. Even trying to view it from a kids point of view, I just didn't find it funny.

Paul Blart (Kevin James), wanted to be a New Jersey cop but health reasons held him back so a security gig at the local mall, is right up Paul's alley. He brings his training from the police academy to the mall and treats his job as if it really important, though no one takes him seriously, including Amy (Jayma Mays), a girl at the local shop, that he has taken a liking too. With the Christmas holiday fast approaching, Paul needs to be on extra high alert to protect and serve his public. But when some of Santa's helpers, led by Veck Simmstake (Keir O'Donnell), take over and shut down the mall, Paul will need to pull out all the stops in order to say his girl and bring the bad guys to justice.

Happy Madison Productions, Relativity Media, Sony Pictures Releasing
Director: Steve Carr
Writers: Kevin James, Nick Bakay, Steve Pink
Producers: Adam Sandler, Barry Bernardi, Todd Garner
I viewed 5/09

No comments: