Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the 2010 Academdy Award Winners Are...

BEST PICTURE - HURT LOCKER
I couldn't disagree more and view the movie's win at as a political statement by the academy in an almost justified approval of the war we shouldn't even be involved in. I've seen both movies and while Hurt Locker is an excellent movie, for me it doesn't compare to the complete visual entertainment and much bigger universal message in the outstanding movie Avatar. I thought the "best movies" were supposed to be the ones most entertaining for their audience. I'm wondering if the Academy even saw Avatar. I'm not trying to take the importance of what these soldiers that risk theirs lives encounter diffusing bombs. Hurt Locker is a very realistic tribute to their bravery. But all of my other major picks were correct, even Kathryn Bigelow for director and I just feel Hollywood didn't get Avatar's message and/or was not ready for people who look differently.


BEST ACTOR - JEFF BRIDGES

BEST ACTRESS - SANDRA BULLOCK

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - CHRISTOPH WALTZ

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - MO'NIQUE

BEST DIRECTOR - KATHRYN BIGELOW

BEST DOCUMENTARY - THE COVE

BEST ANIMATION FILM - UP

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS - AVATAR

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - AVATAR

you can see all the winners here.

No comments: