Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Darjeeling Limited (2007) R - 2½ Stars

Three brothers travel to India to rekindle their relationships between themselves. Though the movie has fairly decent reviews from most sources, and I love Owen Wilson, I just didn't think it was all that funny of a movie. It didn't do much for me so I'm not recommending this one.

Francis (Owen Wilson), Peter (Adrien Brody) and Jack (Jason Schwartzman) are three brothers who have not spoken to each other in over a year. They take a train ride through India to strengthen the bond between them.

The trip has nothing but trouble but in some sort of way, brings the three closer. Even through the 11 suitcases they are lugging around, a laminating machine, Indian cough syrup and pain killers they can buy over he counter, the three endure the journey and it does manage to open every one's eyes to their new journey in life.

2007 - The Darjeeling Limited - New York Film Critics Online - Best Screenplay

Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Wes Anderson
Writers: Roman Coppola, Wes Anderson, Jason Schwartzman
Producers: Scott Rudin, Lydia Dean Pilcher, Roman Coppola
I viewed 10/07

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was so disappointed with this movie too

Marie-Yvonne said...

LOVE this movie!

The first time I watched it I played it two times straight ;) This is the kind of film that has me laughing out loud the whole way through...it has a depth of insight into human character not often found in mainstream cinema! I give it 5****