Saturday, July 5, 2008

Juarez Mexico (2007) NR - 1½ Stars

That "based on a true story" gets me every time but I have to start reading the covers better when I rent a movie. Mainly I have to keep my eyes open for Maverick Entertainment films as I haven't been happy with one yet. After watching "Border" I was interested in seeing more about the women that mysteriously turn up dead. This movie unfortunately shed no light on much and the acting can't get any worse. The staged fight scenes and cheeeeeeeeezzzzzyyyy acting look like something me and my friends could have done.

Since 1993 more than 400 girls have been killed in Juarez Mexico. According to authorities, most of these young girls were raped and cut up. Johnny Cash (James Cahill), a private investigator goes to Mexico in search of a young girl missing. He stumbles upon a doctor preforming surgeries to give organs to patients who can pay for them.

Not much else to say about it except the story line had a chance. If it could have hired some decent actors, oh wait... that's Border with Jennifer Lopez. Get that version instead. If you would like to read more about these women of Juarez, you can go to the Juarez Project Page.

Maverick Entertainment
Director: James Cahill
Writer: James Cahill
I viewed 7/08

No comments: