Monday, October 27, 2008

American Blackout (2005) NR - 3½ Stars

I found this documentary to be totally enlightening to me. I had heard of Cynthia McKinney before but having having shut my mind out where politics where concerned, I never realised how much I dig this lady. Hated by most Republicans, she struggles through constant road blocks to change policy and make sure every one's vote is counted.

After the presidential election of 2000, and the Florida farce of counting the votes, and again in Ohio in 2004, McKinney was the one who stood up and rattled a few cages about what she believes is really going on in our government. I have to say, I agree with her on most issues she's brought to light. It's why I feel our vote, "the people's voice", doesn't count for much when it comes to electing our president. I mean I know it totally DOES count but if it comes down to it, I believe that people can be bought, and tables turned to even the score for those with the most power and connections. That's my personal opinion but I found myself agreeing most of the time with McKinney's way of thinking. I really respect the way she's thrown herself out there with no regards for her comfort zone because some things are just more important. I recommend seeing this documentary to anyone with an open mind.

2006 - American Blackout - Sundance Film Festival - Special Jury Prize (Documentary Jury)

Guerilla News Network
Director: Ian Inaba
Producer: Anastasia King
I viewed 10/08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia McKinney Rocks!!!!!!

Good documentary - and she IS right on!!!!!! Power to the People

Dana