Monday, February 23, 2009

And The Winner Is....

Well by now most of you know the big winners at the 2009 - 81st Academy Awards.

Sad to say, I have not seen ANY of the movies nominated so I just wasn't all that into the awards this year. But never fear, their reviews will be coming soon in the near future. Looks like Slumdog Millionaire will be at the top of my list, as they ran away with the awards.

And the winners are:




Best Movie : Slumdog Millionaire

Best Leading Actress: Kate Winslet - The Reader

Best Leading Actor: Sean Penn - Milk

Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz - Vicky Christina Barcelona

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight His family accepted the award on his behave.

Best Directing: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Writing Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Writing Original Screenplay: Milk

Best Foreign Language: Departures

Best Score - Song - Film Editing - Cinematography - Sound Mixing: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Sound Editing: The Dark Knight My review is here online.

Best Documentary Feature: Man on Wire I couldn't agree more with this one. My review is here online. I still dream uneasy about this documentary.

Best Documentary Short: Smile Pinki

Best Makeup - Art Direction - Visual Effects: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Costume Design: The Duchess My review is here online.

Best Animated Feature:Wall-E

Best Animated Short Film: La Maison En Petits Cubes

Best Short Film Live Action: Spielzeugland (Toyland)

1 comment:

Amy Pospiech said...

Going to see "Milk" at school next week!