Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Way of War (2008) R - 2½ Stars

I found this movie confusing. It took almost to the end of the movie before I started to understand the plot. Though pretty unbelievable that the Secretary of Defense visits sleazy illegal boxing rings, at least I think that was his role. I don't have a hard time believing in the movies' title, "Way of War", as I believe soldiers hired to carry out secret missions by our government could be viewed as expendable. I always adore Cuba but I think he should have bowed out of this one.

David Wolfe (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) is highly trained paramilitary operative assassin recently operating in the Middle East especially Iraq. Upon returning from his mission, he discovers a U.S. conspiracy that reaches high up the chain of command. Now back in the U.S. and finding his own life has been threatened, Wolfe is determined to bring down those who made him what he is.

Sorry I could not get one image for this movie - Sad!!

First Look Studios
Director: John Carter
Writer: Scott Schaffer
Producers: Mark Joy, John Carter, Richard Salvatore
I viewed 2/09

No comments: