Friday, February 6, 2009

Stakeout (1987) R - 3½ Stars

Here's an older movie that can still live up to a good chuckle in today's standards. A very young Emilio Estevez and Dreyfuss give brilliant performances, as well as the slap happy antics between the gang of dectectives.

Detectives Chris Lecce (Richard Dreyfuss), and Bill Reimers (Emilio Estevez),are on a F.B.I. stakeout across the street from a sexy senorita Maria McGuirethey Madeleine Stowe), they are monitoring. It's their hopes former boyfriend Richard "Stick" Montgomery (Aidan Quinn), who's escaped from prison, will make his appearance at her house.

With their visuals set up and in place, they need to still capture the audio and as Reimers watches carefully through his binoculars, Lecce dressed as a phone technician, knocks on her door to get inside. Once in, Maria offers him a drink as he plants his bugs in each phone and snoops around her bedroom. But as Maria invites him to stay for more than lemonade, Lecce has a hard time turning her down. They keep running into each other until finally, he can no longer resist. He ends up back at her home as an invited guest and after a wild night of sex and falling asleep, he now becomes part of the investigation when caught sneaking out of her house with shift change at dawn.
Buena Vista Pictures
Director: John Badham
Writer: M. James Kouf Jr.
Producers: Cathleen Summers, M. James Kouf Jr., Gregg Champion
I viewed 1/09

1 comment:

Susan Blake said...

What a great blog! And you are a newbie here? Wow, I'm impressed. I started last week, I'm a writer and looking for blogs to follow who hopefully will follow me too. My blog isn't as techy (yet) as yours but its about motivation/change/inspiration and a giggle or too on the journey of it all. I'd love to exchange links - when I figure out how to do this! Meantime I clicked to follow you til I get the techy stuff worked out! Congrats on yours - I'm glad you are out there - great reviews! Suzen from erasingthebored.blogspot.com