Monday, March 16, 2009

Lady Vengeance (2005) R - 3 Stars

Now here is another one of the Korean movies aka, "Kind geum-ja," I'm so fond of. Though not one of my favorites, Lady Vengeance lived up to my expectation of being beyond bizarre. However, I would have ended the movie after our cast of actors stabbed, chopped, hacked and buried our pedophile kidnapper / murderer.

Lee Geum-ja (Lee Yeong-ae) has spent the last 13 years in prison after being found guilty of kidnapping a young boy and causing his death. But she didn't do it and for the last 13 years she hoped for the day she would be able to prove her innocence. She blames Det. Choi (Nam Il-woo) who forced a confession out of her and vows to get her revenge. In her time in prison, she meets many friends that stand behind her as she gets her just reward.n a number of ways.

Tartan Video
Director: Park Chan-wook
Writers: Park Chan-wook, Jeong Seo-gyeong
Producers: Jo Yeong-wook, Lee Tae-heon
I viewed 2/09

No comments: