Friday, March 6, 2009

W. (2008) PG13 - 3 Stars

I was hoping to get more from this movie and I was somewhat disappointed in it. Perhaps I was just looking to dig up the dirt on our ex president to make more sense of the world he left us with. I don't know how much liberty was taken with the story, but I didn't know just how much George W. struggled with alcoholism. I must say, if I closed my eyes and listened, Josh Brolin really sounded a lot like his character. A born again Christian, George W. found that religion was his drive behind his running for office.

Condoleezza Rice (Thandie Newton), was as annoying as I remember her voice to be and also starring Colin Powell (Jeffrey Wright), Donald Rumsfeld (Scott Glenn), George Herbert Walker Bush (James Cromwell), Barbara Bush (Ellen Burstyn), Laura Bush (Elizabeth Banks), Dick Cheney (Richard Dreyfuss).

Lionsgate
Director: Oliver Stone
Writers: Oliver Stone, Stanley G. Weiser
Producers: Eric Kopeloff, Paul Hanson, Jon Kilik
I viewed 2/09

No comments: