Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Paranormal Activity (2009) R - 3½ Stars

Well I have to say this movie gave me the total creeps through the first half of it. Being one not always comfortable in the dark, that comes from my numerous wake up episodes due to California earthquakes, it made feel extremely uneasy to enter my dark bedroom. Cootoos to this pair of young college students in their valiant effort of trying to scare the hell out of me. It worked! However, having said that, after the episode with the "Ouija Board," I stopped believing. When your girlfriend has just been drug downstairs by her feet and encounters a huge foreign looking bite mark on her back, it's "911 - What is your emergency" time for me.

Katie (Katie Featherson), has just moved in with her boyfriend Micah (Micah Sloat). They seem like your average young college aged students living the good life in his nice two bedroom house. But average they are far from. Katie has been having strange things happen to her since she was 8. Now these strange occurrences are effecting both their sleep so Micah gets a high tech video camera with very sensitive microphones and computer equipment in order to capture the events on film as proof they are being toyed with. But they both get mush more then they bargain for when they try and make contact with the demon.

Paramount Pictures
Director: Oren Peli
Writer: Oren Peli
Producers: Oren Peli, Jason Blum
I viewed 1/10

No comments: