Monday, February 22, 2010

Avatar (2009) PG13 - 1,000,000 Stars

The only word I can think of to describe this film is In-Fuc*ing-Credible!!! I guess I haven't gotten out much to a movie theater lately to realize how far technology has taken us in 3-D. Awesome, truly awesome as the entire movie clings all around you. Even down to the smallest details of a spark or ash seeming falling into your hands. Visually stunning, I swear they looked inside my head and produced my magical places I go to in my head, and made them even better!! The seed pods look like jelly fish one of my extreme favorites. And the story is amazing too, as it reaches out and touches every sense of your being. I hope everyone walks away with it's powerful message. We can't continue to destroy all the natural beauty on this planet or any other planer or drive any type of life form to extinction for the sake of any mineral or ore.

I had a hard time catching my breathe and cried at the sad ending and I don't think I have ever been as entertained by a movie before. Bravo, James Cameron, Bravo. Everything you can want in a movie and more. Yes it was long, almost too long, but an Academy Award Winner hands down.

On the planet of Pandorra lies an extremely valuable ore that a mega corporation is trying to mine. The problems are, the air on this planet is not breathable to humans, the creatures will hunt you down and eat you and if they don't, the Na'vi, hunters of an indigenous tribe, will. Too disturbing and violent for young children to understand.

Ex war veteran Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is wheel chair bound and offered the job of replacing his slain twin brother on the planet for a specific mission. The goal is to become an avatar on the planet and gain trust with it's people in order to relocate them from this precious commodity before the colonel goes in and takes it for himself. The tirck is to make avatars with DNA made from the humans so they can breathe the air and infiltrate the "enemy" for the purpose of production.

A story to detailed to spell out in a review as I would never do it justice, it's just that good and a must see for yourself. Excellent casting also starring, Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver), Norm Spellman (Joel David Moore), Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), Col. Miles Quaritch (Stephen Lang), Trudy Chacon (Michelle Rodriguez), Parker Selfridge (Giovanni Ribisi), Norm Spellman (Joel David Moore), and so many more. If you see no other movies in your lifetime, you must see this one.

Nominated for 9 Oscar's, Awards include:

2009 - Hollywood Foreign Press Association - Best Director
2009 - Hollywood Foreign Press Association - Best Picture - Drama
2010 - Academy Award Winner - Best Visual Effects
2010 - Academy Award Winner - Best Cinematography
2010 - Academy Award Winner - Best Art Direction



Lightstorm Entertainment, 20th Century Fox
Director: James Cameron
Writer: James Cameron
Producers: Jon Landau, James Cameron
I viewed 2/10

No comments: