Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alice in Wonderland 3D (2010) - 4 Stars

Wow, when I was reading some of the critics reviews, they were pretty hard on poor Alice saying it's been done before. I have to admit, I've never seen any Alice in Wonderland movies even as a little girl. Maybe my parents kept me away from Alice with her strange friends like the tripy blue hash smoking caterpillar. I did know the story and I think Tim Burton did a great job bringing it to 3D life. I absolutely adored the Red Queen, Helena Bonham Carter, and Johny Depp made a great Mad Hatter. Mia Wasikowska made a lovely very believable Alice and I enjoyed the movie very much, especially in 3D.

A 19 year old Alice (Mia Wasikowska), chases TMC Twist the White Rabbit (voice Michael Sheen), through the woods until she falls into a large hole. Ending up in Underland , she knew as Wonderland as a little girl shes visited before. This time as she's being chased by the ferocious Bandersnatch, she can't pinch herself to wake up like she did as a child. Along the way she meets her old friends Tweedledee and Tweedledum (voice Matt Lucas), Mallymkun the Dormouse (voice Barbara Windsor), the blue Caterpillar Absolem (voice Alan Rickman), Chessur the Cheshire Cat (voice Stephen Fry), and of course, has tea with the March Hare (voice Paul Whitehouse), and the Mad Hatter, (Johnny Depp). But this Wonderland is control ed by the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), and her ruthless army run by Ilosovic Stayne, The Knave of Hearts (Crispin Glover). Before Alice can leave, she must defeat the Red Queen giving power back to the beautiful White Queen (Anne Hathaway).



Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Studios Distribution
Director: Tim Burton
Writer: Linda Woolverton
Producers: Jennifer Todd, Joe Roth, Richard D. Zanuck
I viewed 3/10

No comments: