Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blood in the Face (1991) NR - 3½ Stars

I love documentaries because they force me take a look into another real world. Having an open mind, I try to find the logic in what is portrayed to form my own opinions. Seeing the passion of how some feel, opens my eyes and in some cases, enlightens me. But personally, cults like these are the main reason I am against organized religion of any kind. In my opinion, spirituality doesn't need to be found by joining a organization.

This movie does make a good point about something, being a Caucasian, I've often thought about and that is the white race will someday be a minority due to the breeding ratio Caucasians have adhered to. But, it's the only thing I agree with in this film. To me. this is exactly how radicals started, racism grows and continues and wars are made. This is America, and everyone has a right to give their opinions no matter how ignorant it sounds.

"Blood in the Face," is a documentary featuring archival footage intertwined with live interviews from the late 80's and early 90's. The title literally means to blush or draw blood coloring to their face, feeling shame. These groups believe that only white people can have this reaction to their face, thus making white people the superior chosen ones. The movie gives a small peek into the beliefs of the American Nazi Party, the Ku Klux Klan, and the Aryan Nation of white supremacists. Live footage of David Duke and George Lincoln Rockwell plus Michael Moore is an off screen interviewer in the film.

First Run Features
Directors: Anne Bohlen, James Ridgeway, Kevin Rafferty
Writer: James Ridgeway
Producers: Charlie Arnot, Anne Bohlen, James Ridgeway
I viewed 12/10

No comments: