Friday, January 28, 2011

Oceans (2009) G - 3 Stars

With approximately three fourths of our earth covered in water, it's fascinating to learn about the creatures that live there. I took a class in marine biology, to learn more about these unique creatures that inhabit the oceans of our world. Jelly fish have got to be one of my favorite as well as the playfulness of the dolphin and whale. My class also taught me about creatures that roam the black depths of the sea. I was hoping to plunge a little deeper for a glimpse of some of these elusive fanged phantoms of the deep. So for me, it was somewhat disappointing because you don't get to see them. I've been lucky enough to view most of these creatures before. Having said that, there are outstanding images taken with the latest underwater camera technology making a perfect visual documentary. Oceans is Narrated by Pierce Brosnan and I think it's a great film to watch with your children, teaching them the importance of maintaining a healthy planet to protect all it's creatures no matter where they live.



Galatee Films, Walt Disney Studios
Directors: Jacques Perrin, Jacques Cluzaud
Writers: Jacques Cluzaud, Jacques Perrin, Stephane Durand
Producers: Jacques Perrin, Nicolas Mauvernay, Romain Legrand
I viewed 11/10

No comments: