Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) R - 2½ Stars

While I actually liked the first "Paranormal Activity" better, this one also makes you walk away with that creepy feeling, looking behind your back. I thought the first one was scarier perhaps because the concept of how it was filmed was new. For me, this one takes way too long to get into the film and other than the kitchen scene with the wife, it isn't that scary. Supposedly this one is really the prequel to the first though I somehow missed the connection. It is however suspenseful as you scan each image looking and waiting for something to happen or become out of place.

One thing I never understand is at the first sign of something strange, especially when you have it on film, call 911 and they will answer and say, "What's you're emergency!" These people all seem to love pretending the problem doesn't exist and instead walk into it open armed. Tell ya what, if I was sitting in my kitchen and that happened to me, I'd be out of the house so fast and I'd never return without 20 people with me in the daylight only. So having said that, if you're dying to see a paranormal activity on film, rent the first one.

Kristi (Sprague Grayden), and Daniel Rey (Brian Boland), have recently been married and just had their first son Hunter (William Juan Prieto). Daniel already has a teenage daughter Ali (Molly Ephraim), from his first marriage and now they all live in a nice upscale home in Los Angeles. Martine (Vivis), is the nanny and house keeper and she senses something lurking in the home. She's constantly smudging the home of it's evil spirits which costs her job as Daniel doesn't like all this nonsense talk of ghosts. Katie (Katie Featherston), is Kristi's sister who comes by from time to time with her boyfriend Micah (Micah Sloat), to help her sister out. As the girls are looking through an old photo album they come across a photo of when they were young. It instantly brings back bad feelings of fear the sisters have choose to block out of their lives. But as strange events begin to take place inside the home, their entire family is rudely awaken to the fact they're not alone.


Blumhouse Productions, ROOM 101, Inc., Paramount Pictures
Director: Tod Williams
Writers: Tom Pabst, Michael R. Perry, Christopher Landon
Producers: Oren Peli, Jason Blum
I viewed 2/11

No comments: