Monday, March 26, 2012

Splice (2010) R - 3 Stars

I was in need of a good Sci-Fi so I rented Splice hoping to be a little horrified and/or amazed over the concept of this movie about playing God. This was not the movie to do it. The sad part is the movie leaves itself open for a sequel. Not sure we need to see it all over again. First off, I would have liked to had a little more information on how Ginger and Fred, the blob like organisms, were created. I felt we are rushed in too quickly before building a story line to get us there. But then as I was thinking about that, the writers probably didn't want to tell us too much or it would have been even more unrealistic. I did however like the splice "D's" very intriguing face.

Genetic engineers, Clive (Adrien Brody) and Elsa (Sarah Polley), have created a hybrid creature that could revolutionize modern medical science. Fame and glory are bestoyed upon them until they add human DNA into the mixture. Dren (Delphine Chanéac), is born and as she evolves they soon learn trying to play God can be a mistake.



Gaumont, Copperheart Entertainment, Dark Castle Entertainment
Director: Vincenzo Natali
Writers: Doug Taylor, Vincenzo Natali, Antoinette Terry Bryant
Producer: Steven Hoban
I viewed 10/10

No comments: