Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Paul (2011) R - 3½ Stars

I have to say this is a movie I would probably not have rented on my own. My friend owns a copy and told me to put on my happy face, sip a little wine and keep an open mind while I watched it. I have to say Paul is an unexpectedly funny almost "cute" movie, though watching the unrated version, I doubt "cute" is the proper word. This is not a movie for children as it does contain many adult situations and strong language but if you need a good laugh it can probably find one of your funny bones.

Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen), an alien from another world, has been on planet earth now for years working solely with our government answering and sharing information. Graeme Willy (Simon Pegg), and Clive Gollings (Nick Frost), two English Sci-Fi geeks and comic book fanatics, are on their way to the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, California. They have rented an RV and vow to have their greatest adventure by visiting every site of major extraterrestrial importance along the way. While headed to New Mexico deserts of Area 51, they stop to help a car that raced passed them and crashed off the side of the road. Paul emerges from the accident he tells Graeme and Cliff the Feds will be looking for him and they must help him escape and get back to his spaceship so he can return home.

Awards: 2011 Best Comedy Award - National Movie Awards, UK


Universal Pictures
Director: Greg Mottola
Writers: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost
Producers: Eric Fellner, Nira Park, Tim Bevan
I viewed 10/15

No comments: