Monday, March 24, 2008

Day Watch (2006) R - 1½ Stars

This movie was hard for me to follow and I don't believe it was the subtitles but more I lost interest in it. Basically, Day Watch is the group that represents the power of the light, the goodness, and Night Watch is the group that represents the dark, evil. The Day Watch monitors the night and visa versa. One night while on patrol for the Night Watch, Anton Gorodensky (Konstantin Khabensky) and Svetlana (Maria Poroshina) are summoned to a disturbance where Anton's son has committed the attack. Anton has to quickly decide what to do to protect his son or protect his mission.

I felt it was trying to be like a Matrix type movie but for me at least, I had a hard time staying with it and have to give it a thumbs down. Foreign with Russian Subtitles.

Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Writers: Sergei Lukyanenko, Timur Bekmambetov, Aleksandr Talal
Producers: Max Dankevich, Suzanne Jobson, Anatoly Maximov
I viewed 3/08

No comments: