Saturday, April 11, 2009

Left of the Dial (2005) NR - 3 Stars

As my sister and I watched this documentary, we both found it somewhat busy and distracting but I found it fairly interesting and she hated every annoying moment of it. Where I could appreciate the determination of Al Franken and his crew struggling to get Air America - Left of the Dial, a completely different left approach to talk radio, on the air, she saw just a bunch of people arguing and blah blah blahing. Finally someone to take on the Rush Limbaugh and Bill O"Reilly's. I am a registered Democratic with very liberal views and she is the extreme opposite, Conservative Republican. So, I guess depending on where you fit in, will depend if it's worth the rental or not.

The documentary follows the trials and tribulations associated with creating and sustaining a national radio network, Air America Radio, especially during a politically-charged election year. It interviews people like Al Franken, Evan Cohen and Mark Walsh, and even Michal Moore has a role, of course. But after many setbacks of financial ruin, Air America Radio finally went live on March 31, 2004.

Hbo Home Video
Directors: Patrick Farrelly, Kate O'Callaghan
Producers: Patrick Farrelly, Kate O'Callaghan
I viewed 3/09

No comments: