Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Max Payne (2008) R - 3½ Stars

To me this is a visually stunning, Gothicly erotic, nightmarish evoking, adventure. Though I am not sure if I am making my own interpretation of what the movie intended, my take was the good cop gone bad, after his wife, child and partner are murdered, and he's fighting the evil that now surrounds him, becoming one with it. I think it is the type of movie you may need to see twice or really pay attention to for it's true meaning. Perhaps, my mind was effected more the visuals which took me on a journey ignoring the dialog. Perhaps the acting and direction of the movie is poorly cast and has no real direction, but the very cool animation and pretty decent action kept me entertained.

Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg) is a cop, now widowed and angry, who wants revenge on the evil forces stirring inside his head that take him on a journey beyond this natural world, to the darker side.

20th Century Fox
Director: John Moore
Writer: Beau Thorne
Producers: Scott Faye, Julie Yorn, John Moore
I viewed 2/09

No comments: