Friday, May 16, 2008

Firewall (2006) PG13 - 4 Stars

I know I've written this concept for a movie at least 3 or 4 times now since starting my blog , but so far I really felt this movie pulled it off the best. And it appears I liked it much more than most critics but I guess that's why I started this the movie blog because it's solely based on my personal opinion.

Jack Stanfield (Harrison Ford) has worked at Landrock Pacific Bank in Seattle, for over 20 years protecting it's security. However, when someone logs in and tampers with his information, he learns his system might have a flaw and that flaw is Bill Cox (Paul Bettany).

Bill has dedicated the last year learning everything there is about the Stanfield family. He's studied Jack's wife Beth (Virginia Madsen), an architect, and his two children, Sarah (Carly Schroeder) and Andy (Jimmy Bennett). He knows they live in a beautiful comfortable home just outside the city. And he obviously knows how to get around in Jack's security system so when he has learned all he needs, he puts his plan into motion.

While Jack is at work, Bill's group of thugs take over Jack's house. Bill shows up as Jack is leaving in his car and forces him to break his own security code at the bank and transfer 100 million dollars into Bill's off shore account. He puts a wire and camera on Jack so he's under constant surveillance while implementing himself as a thief.

In order to save his family, Jack's come up with a plan of his own. He takes control of the game and gives Bill a taste of his own medicine.

Warner Bros Pictures
Director: Richard Loncraine
Writer: Joe Forte
Producers: Basil Iwanyk, Jonathan Shestack, Armyan Bernstein
I viewed 7/06

No comments: