Monday, May 19, 2008

Red Shadow (2001) NR - 1½ Stars

With Japanese subtitles, the movie is set in 1545, where three ninjas, Red Shadow (Masanobu Ando) Aka Kage, Blue Shadow (Jun Murakami) Aoi Kage and of Asuka (Kumiko Aso) are the disciples of the master one master White Shadow (Naoto Takenaka) all part of the feared Kageichi ninja group. They are sent on a mission and when Asuka is killed, the other two go their separate ways while dealing but eventually come together to avenge her death.

If you like Ninja adventures this movie has plenty of action for you. To me, it was more of a ninja comedy, cheesy, hard to follow the story line as people keep changing sides. It didn't do much for me and I found myself laughing more at it then being entertained. I could not find the production company to give credit to them.

Director: Hiroyuki Nakano
Writer: Mitsuteru Yokoyama
I viewed 2/07

No comments: