Friday, April 11, 2008

10,000 B.C. (2008) PG13 - 3 Stars

I'm being on the generous side with the 3 stars. This movie I actually saw in the theater when it came out instead of the comfort of my home. I wanted to get the full effects of the CGI graphics. But when they turned it into a love story (I'll label it a "romance" but not "based on true story") with the women wearing makeup and everyone in their tribe speaking perfect English, well I knew from the start it was not what I thought the director would do with it.

I must say that some of the scenes like stampeding the Mammoths had some good action and direction. And at least other non speaking English tribes were introduced into the scene. Basically a band of invaders raid the village where D'Leh (Steven Strait) lives. They take the woman he loves Evolet (Camilla Belle) and he is forced to go after them to get her back.

Warner Bros Pictures
Director: Roland Emmerich
Writers: Harald Kloser, Roland Emmerich, Robert Rodat
Producers: Roland Emmerich, Michael Wimer, Mark Gordon
I viewed 3/08

No comments: