Monday, April 21, 2008

War (2007) R - 3 Stars

This is more of a guy flick to me and didn't have a lot to hold my interest, but I like John Statham so I continued through the movie. It does have some great action fight scenes where the two act like spider man walking on and clinging to walls. Basically its the Chinese mafia and Japanese mafia vs. the FBI. I'm giving it 3 stars cause these guys can sure fight.

Jack Crawford (Jason Statham) is an FBI agent who partner Tome Lone (Terry Chen) was killed by an infamous hit man Rough (Jet Li). Jack vows to avenge his partners death it takes 3 years for Rough to resurfaces to take avenge on Chinese mob leader Chang (John Lone) and Japanese Yakuza boss Shiro (Ryo Ishibashi). Together they all become entangled in a bloody turf war.

Lions Gate Films
Director: Phillip Atwell
Writers: Gregory J. Bradley, Lee Anthony Smith, Gary Whitta
Producers: Steven Chasman, Jim Thompson, Christopher Petzel
I viewed 1/08

No comments: