Thursday, April 17, 2008

Open Water 2: Adrift (2006) R - 2½ Stars

Well I had to watch it and again it is based on a true story of a group of people who jumped overboard forgetting to lower the ladder to get back on board. I liked the original Open Water so much I had to know if it was possible to do a sequel. Well the concept was okay but all I did was yell at the TV set, "why don't you stand on each others shoulders". I guess eventually they heard me and 2 survive the watery grave.

Amy (Susan May Pratt) suffers from a fear of water in which her father drowned while the two of them played in the ocean. Now with a still intense fear, she skeptically boards a yacht with other long time friends for a birthday party. Her old flame decides the only way to break her phobia is to throw her in and proceeds to grab her and jumped over board with the other 4 already in the water. Opps he forgot to lower the ladder on a yacht and no way to climb back aboard. And worse yet, Amy's baby is on board which gives her the inspiration to stay alive.

Lions Gate Films
Director: Hans Horn
Writers: Adam Kruetner, David Mitchell
Producers: Dan Maag, Philip Schulz-Deyle
I watched 4/08

No comments: